Caseificio Rosso is today a consolidated reality, a leader in the production and international distribution of typical Piedmontese cheeses and experimental refined cheeses. This ability to project itself into the future, however, comes from distant roots: in fact, the Rosso family has been working for four generations to consolidate the family business.
It all began with Nonna Rosa, in 1894.
We are in Sordevolo, a small village in the upper Elvo Valley, in the Biellese Alps. It is 1894 and Rosa Pidello Rosso starts her business of producing, maturing and trading in typical cheeses.
At that time, from late spring until the end of the summer, the Biellese breeders would move to the mountain pastures, as far as the Gressoney valley. The cheese produced was transported by mule or with porters to Sordevolo in the family cellars; Grandma Rosa even set up a service of porters to support cheese production in the mountain pastures.
Over the years, the company's activities moved to Biella, and the reins of the business passed first to the sons, then to grandson Pierluigi and finally to the grandsons, Enrico and Riccardo. Unchanged after more than a century, remains the passion of a cheese-making culture conducted with the help of the whole family and a team of expert artisans.